Re: Meaningless Subject Line

  • Subject: Re: Meaningless Subject Line
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:02:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [John Bokma] on Friday 16 September 2005 17:50 \__

> "Kathryn" <firejuggler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>
> Hi: take more care when you pick your subject next time.

You can educate one person at a time, but you can never educate errant
participants. This is UseNet. People will top-post, people will not quote,
subject lines will rarely be descriptive and names will not be disclosed.
When I spot a thread where I see potential for off-topic discussion, spam
content, or an OP that will break netiquette in any way imaginable, I move
on to the next one. It does not become frustrating until later on, having
got too deep inside.

In fact, I didn't intend to get (or should have gotten) involved in this
thread, but I saw your name and wondered why /you/ found it reply-worthy. A
few lines, a URL, anonymous sender and a subject line such as this should
always be a detrrent.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  5:55pm  up 22 days  6:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.48, 0.45