Re: Usenet Data

__/ [Boobie] on Saturday 17 September 2005 06:38 \__

> I was surprised to find on Google Group my very first posts to Usenet back
> in 97....
>
> Where is the Usenet data stored ?

Google acquired a company that stored all of the data, which as far as I
know goes back to the dawn of UseNet. I can't recall the name of that
company, but I can check if you wish. That's when Google Groups beta came
out. Why is it still beta anyway? They are all right when they say that
it's an immature (pun intended) company...

Maybe when beta is out, names containing two terms will be forced, quoting
will be mandatory and users will get repeated automatically-generated
E-mails asking for a thank-you post.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
  7:00am  up 22 days 19:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.50, 0.68