Re: Google images -- what won't they index?

  • Subject: Re: Google images -- what won't they index?
  • From: David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 19 Sep 2005 02:31:08 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
A second followup, since things in Google images changed today!

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [David Dyer-Bennet] on Saturday 17 September 2005 19:00 \__

> Wait until more crawling is completed. That would be my advice. Images index
> in Google gets refresh 2 or 3 times a year, but crawling remains persistent
> all year.

I ran another site:dyer-bennet.net query in google images today, and
suddenly a group of images, mostly from my father's memorial site,
which were never there before, are now there!

Furthermore, the images all seem to be things that something calling
itself "Googlebot-Image" crawled *in the last 5 days*.  This last is
*probably* just coincidence, or else I got lucky at just barely being
included in the crawling before they updated their database.

But anyway, the previous situation where *nothing* displayed via my
picpage script was in Google Images has changed.  I feel, at least,
less hopeless!