Re: How to list a Website to the Google/MSN/etc. Search Engines?

  • Subject: Re: How to list a Website to the Google/MSN/etc. Search Engines?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:57:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [Matt Probert] on Monday 19 September 2005 18:53 \__

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:02:15 -0400, "JoshIII"
> <josh3iREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I see there are services availble on the web to list your new website to
>> all
>> the search engines, but they are kind of pricey.    All were over $50 or
>> more per website.
>
> And ALL are at best a rip off, and at worse can get your site black
> listed! DO NOT use them!

I second that. If you site has good content and good intentions, it will get
listed without 'intervention'.

>> I am wondering what alternatives there are to website listing services?
>

> Yes. It's FREE, and it's prefered. It's DIY <g>
>
> Eg:
>
> http://www.google.com/addurl

This rarely seems to have an effect, if ever. Spammers can automate that and
even if not, submission is futile and baseless because it has no
'currency'. Use inbound links instead. This was discussed many times before
in nntp://alt.internet.search-engines.

>> How long does it usually take sites to get automaticaly listed on these
>> search engines?
>>

> Allow two to three months.

With good inbound links, it can be indexed within days.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | make install -not war
  7:50am  up 25 days 20:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.48, 0.54