Re: disable hotsync error message window

__/ [rkotlarz@xxxxxxxxx] on Wednesday 21 September 2005 20:47 \__

> Every time I do a HotSync I get the error message below. Since all my
> data seems to Sync correctly I'm not that concerned with the error.
> However I would like to know if there is a way to disable this message
> from appearing all together. Thank you
>
> Rick
>
> --------------------------
>

> HotSync operation started 9/21/2005 1:26:05 PM
> OK Memo Pad
> OK Treo Pictures
> PocketMirror® 3.1.5.6 (OEM)
> -- Outlook Calendar 3.1.5.6 (OEM)
>  The store did not support the required properties for 2387 of the
> items.  Therefore they had to be processed using a slower method.
>  The store did not support the required properties for 2387 of the
> items.  Therefore they had to be processed using a slower method.
> OK Outlook Calendar with 2 message(s)
> OK Outlook Contacts
> OK Outlook Tasks
> OK System
> HotSync operation complete 9/21/2005 1:28:14 PM

Judging by the version of HotSync Manager which I have, I am fairly certain
that there is no option that will disable that behaviour. Also remember
that other errors such as conflicts may come up. Supressing only one
particular message would be hard. Suppressing all message would be risky.

If you do not use Outlook synchronisation very heavily, you may wish to
disable synchronisation with it or simply find a way to resolve the issue.

For quite some time I have been seeking a way to disable "error log
disappears after 60 seconds". I often synchronise while I do something else
at home so I must always bring up the log by requesting it specifically
from the Taskbar or "View Log" on the handheld. All in all, I wish there
was more flexibility.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
  2:00pm  up 28 days  2:14,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 0.73, 0.64