Re: WindowsXP an OS you can trust

__/ [ Daeron ] on Monday 03 April 2006 17:58 \__

> One of our regular contributors has finally seen the light and switched
> to Windows XP, an operating system developed by a company called
> Microsoft (we'll miss you Robert). Robert was more than happy to share
> his experiences with the rest of us, the unwashed masses.
>
> http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-winxp

There is another one for Vista:

http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=review-winvista

Published exactly 3 years later on April Fool's Day:

,----[ Quote ]
| Just as when you install XP, at the very end of the installation
| process, Vista insists that you need to type in a user's registration
| key. However, XP requires a mere 25-digit alpha-numeric key which is
| not even case-sensitive. Vista, which is far more secure, requires
| a 250-digit key which is case-sensitive and also includes spaces and
| various symbols.
`----

Windows Vista: the operating system that makes you work, but does not help
you work.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
  6:05pm  up 26 days  7:48,  10 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.75, 0.81