Re: Site dropped to PR4

__/ [ Paul B ] on Tuesday 04 April 2006 12:34 \__

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:20:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Badass Scotsman ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 13:06 \__
>>
>>> "Paul B" <lamewolf2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>There's some stuff going on over here, as well. Nothing like a full-scale
>>PageRank update, but there are odd changes. This appears to be something
>>more global...
>>
>>MCDar apepar to be overloaded with requests (it is slow), which may be yet
>>another indication the people are discovering changes.
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>
>>Roy
>
> Back to PR5 today :)

It  was  not  worth worrying about, was it? *smile* I used to  have  these
paranoia  cycles,  which had me worried in vain. I am thinking /not/  only
about  site-related matters, but also mailing lists subscription, IP  bans
(ISP)  and  hardware  faults (I reboot my machine  this  afternoon,  after
almost  150  days  of uptime). In due time, I learned to cope  with  these
situations  or  simply  not care. PR4/5 is peanuts and  wasn't  worth  the
time/trouble. Wait until bigger (more daunting) things come your way...

Look  at  the bright side: we all had an intersting discussion. The  group
has been quieter recently. Some regular just leave a foot on the doorpane.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:40pm  up 27 days  3:23,  10 users,  load average: 0.86, 0.54, 0.49