Re: [News] SuSE 10.1 Coming Later This Month

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ William Poaster ] on Monday 03 April 2006 23:07 \__
>
>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:30:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> If I recall correctly, beta 9 came out less than a week ago.
>>>

> http://news.com.com/2110-7344_3-6056961.html?part=rss&tag=6056961&subj=news
>>>                         ( Suse Linux 10.1 to debut )
>>
>> March 31st, to be exact. 10.1 Release Candidate 1 is due April 12th, Final
>> Release is due April 25th.
>
> I think their big(ger) debut is in June or July. They will introduce the
> business equivalent, which I believe is SLES (unless I am mistaken and
> confuse this with that other GNOME-based business offering). This
> incorporates all the innovative stuff we have been hearing about and puts
> (esterprise) Linux well ahead of the competition. IBM are finally working
> alongside Novell (collaboration is always a step forward) and with a $300
> million investment in Novell's interests (among others), this sure will be
> very, very intersting. Notice the trolls' replies to some recent threads and
> spot the ones they read and chose to reply to. This indicate they fear
> what's coming because much like us, they realise it is inevitable.

It will be a tough time for those people pushing the legacy windows
environment in the face of linux and open source.  At some point, no
doubt the astroturfers will find their funding removed, as a different
breed will be required.  It's been shown that the billwg/Timsmith/ErikF
methods don't work - I think something more collaborative and 'open
source' as an approach is required, so I guess we'll start seeing some
new faces soon.

<StevenK> I can usually supress the feelings that tell me to crash
          tackle a girl into the bushes