Re: [News] Estimated Number of Windows Zombies: up to 47 Million

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 13:12 \__

> It was on Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:38:35 +0100 when BearItAll posted this:
>
>> DFS wrote:

>>> The whole world suffers greatly from the viruses sent and propagated by
>>> open source mail programs.

>>> Of course they don't.
>>>

>> You've met my family and friends have you? Seems that you haven't.

>>> Liar.

Much like your misaligned system clock. Is it the superiority of Windows O/S
that enabled you to reply to my message before I had written it? Are you
telepathic?

>> Dipshit.
>
> Funny isn't it. DooFu$ claims 95% of computers in the world run Windows,
> yet denies that 80% of spam comes from hijacked windoze machines

This was published in a recent article. To get the link, I will need to hunt.
The person who needs convincing, however, is not worth it. His 'style'
involves insults and I hear that he is a racist too.

http://news.com.com/Trojan+delivers+unwanted+gift+to+Windows+PCs/2100-7349_3-6011406.html

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2004-11-29-honeypot_x.htm

> NO mention of linux/BSD/Apple etc machines....or maybe *they* are all
> lying too!

Herein lies a mystery. Have a look at these articles and make an attempt to
spot where/if blame is attributed to Windows. I can recall the BBC making a
kind reminder, but most other assume that computer = Windows = potential
zombie. I wonder if legal issues and scare factor is sometimes involves in
the disguise of crucial facts as such.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/10/13/windows-attacks-web/

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:40pm  up 2 days 22:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.46, 0.43