Re: Funny Spammers

__/ [ Martin Harran ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 17:30 \__

> Got this today - do they *really* get anyone replying to this sort of
> stuff?
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> D o ear Home Ow b ne a r ,
>
> Your cr j edi o t doesn't matter to us ! If you OW b N real e z st w at
> x e
> and want I e MMED d IA k TE ca l sh to sp h en u d ANY way you like, or
> simply wish
> to LO g WER your monthly pa s ym d ents by a third or more, here are the
> dea i ls
> we have T v OD l AY :
>
> $ 4 g 88 , 000 at a 3 , o 67% f p ixed - rat d e
> $ 37 w 2 , 000 at a 3 a , 90% va q riabl i e - ra v te
> $ 49 u 2 , 000 at a 3 , e 21% i n ntere e st - only
> $ 2 n 48 , 000 at a 3 v , 36% f j ixed - ra m te
> $ 1 j 98 , 000 at a 3 , 5 k 5% var b iable - ra m te
>
> H u urry, when these de a aIs are gone, they are gone !
>
> Don't worry about app y rov p al, your c s red h it will not di l
> squalif n y you !
>
> Vi a si i t our sit a e <snip>
>
> Sincerely, Peregrine Beliveau
>
> Ap n prov v al Manager

I have been seeing a lot of this for a few months. I have no idea what
strategy is behind this gibberish, but it seems to make filtering more
difficult for SpamAssassin (probably counterparts too), yet easier for
humans to discern.

Here's one that I received a few hours ago. It got past SpamAssassin.

---

Subject:        Re: nidyu news

D i ear Home O r wne t r ,

Your cr e ed a it doesn't matter to us ! If you OW d N real e u st v at
e e
and want I s MME d DIA b TE cas k h to s i pen f d ANY way you like, or
simply wish
to L v OWER your monthly p b ayment s s by a third or more, here are the
d y eals
we have T q ODA f Y :

$ 4 x 88 , 000 at a 3 , q 67% fi w xed - rat x e
$ 37 j 2 , 000 at a 3 , 9 y 0% v b ariab g le - ra n te
$ 49 q 2 , 000 at a 3 n , 21% in d teres t t - only
$ 24 c 8 , 000 at a 3 , 3 v 6% f j ixed - rat v e
$ 1 h 98 , 000 at a 3 k , 55% variab d le - rat o e

Hur u ry, when these dea x Is are gone, they are gone !

Don't worry about a s pprov v al, your cr k edi b t will not d l
isqualif u y you !

Vi k si o t our b site <OMITTED>

Sincerely, Bron Ryles

Ap f prov v al Manager