Re: Google and 'topsites'

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 06:11 \__

> "Georgie" <filmfind@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone heard if submitting your site to related topsites can help
>> with your link popularity. Most topsites home pages seem to have a PR
>> of 0, so it makes me nervous having to link to them all.
>>
>> Anybody use them??

This reminds me of Webrings. Rarely worth the time, but it provides a good
lunching pad, from which to gain initial momentum.

> Nope.
>
> PR0 could mean: has no PR yet.
>
> Write good content.

Not enough. Chicken and egg situation. *smile* One must get traffic (e.g.
search engine referrals) for quality of content to be appreciated. Business
cards don't bring visits.

> URL?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
  6:50am  up 44 days 20:33,  12 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.62, 0.65