Re: Why no JavaScript for search engines

  • Subject: Re: Why no JavaScript for search engines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:56:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Sunday 30 April 2006 08:48 \__

> Gymdandy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Just wondering why? With all the competition you would think if someone
>> came up with a way to link HTML as well as read JS and maybe even flash,
>> that would make the different and perhaps put them at an advantage,
>> over say Google.
>>
>> Is it technically unfeasible at present to do this?
>>
>> You would think with so many trying to take on Google to be able to say,
>> we can read JavaScript would be an asset
>
> JavaScript doesn't need to be read but interpreted. Same for flash. Yes,
> it's possible to pull out readable text of both, but what do you get?

Usually the least informative bits are what you can extract. Moreover, these
bits might not be visible or directly accessible to the user, which would
make the results /less/ relevant.

Also see: http://www.adsensebits.com/node/24

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"
  8:51am  up 2 days 15:49,  12 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.94, 0.89