Re: google dynamic pages duplicate content

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:41:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ hug ] on Thursday 27 April 2006 14:10 \__
>
>> Given a site where all pages have dynamic content, how does one
>> prevent google from deciding that the same content with different
>> session id's is duplicate?
>
>Setting aside the issue associated with incoming links (try to prevent
>in-line session id's), why not use XML site maps? You only mentioned Google.
>Various guidelines to Webmasters would probably be more helpful.
>
>Speaking of XML site maps, Matt Cutts announced today/last night that through
>XML site maps, Webmasters can now get notification of panelties:
>
>        http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/notifying-webmasters-of-penalties/
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Roy

Sadly, "can" is not the same as "will" which means we're still going
to be inundated here with people complaining that their crops have
failed when obviously they're swamped with their own manure.

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/sandbox.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/lithographs.htm