Re: Linux in the Car

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 27 April 2006 16:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:52:42 +0100
> <2149064.Cet8q5m4Ho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> __/ [ rwwff@xxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 27 April 2006 02:27 \__
>>
>>   __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 26 April 2006 15:35 \__

>>> What is the heat tolerance of this system?   Seems pretty slick, but I
>>> wonder how well it'd survive a Houston summer...
>>
>> The silly answer: Penguins cannot cope with warm weather quite so well.
>>
>> The serious answer: why not ask the manufacturer?
>>
>> Roy
>>

> Erm...I have no idea about modern systems but back in the
> 1995-era days Linux ran up to 30F cooler because it knew
> how to HLT.  In any event, it's a hardware problem. :-)

You could always, of course, drive a bubble. It's self cooling...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/06/27/server-in-a-bubble/

This reminds me of a particular car advert here in the UK.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |  Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE)
  4:05pm  up 5 days  1:16,  9 users,  load average: 0.64, 0.65, 0.62