Re: Multiple frames and scrolling?

  • Subject: Re: Multiple frames and scrolling?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:29:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [ Neredbojias ] on Wednesday 26 April 2006 13:10 \__

> I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
> split, as follows

> |  <Prev> <Next>                                                      |
> |  <Anchor 1>                                                         |
> |       <some text>                                                   |
> |                                                                     |
> |                                                                     |
> |  <Anchor 2>                                                         |
> |       <some text>                                                   |
> |                                                                     |
> |                                                                     |
> |                                                                     |
> |  <Anchor 3>                                                         |
> |       <some text>                                                   |
> |                                                                     |
> |                                                                     |

The top part can be turned into a float (absolute position) without the use
of server side includes, frames, or iframes. See more ideas below.

> To further the education of mankind, pelakh@xxxxxxxxx vouchsafed:
>
>> I would like to create a document containing two frames, in a vertical
>> split,
>> And I need to have the <Prev> and <Next> buttons scroll the bottom
>> frame to show the previous/next anchor.
>>
>> Here is the tricky part - I know how to do this when placing the two
>> frames into separate URLs. What I would like two do is to have it ALL
>> in a single file, so I can serve it up with one request. Perhaps frames
>> isn't the right mechanism, and I should be using some sort of embedded
>
> You'd need javascript to do that.  Might want to check at
> comp.lang.javascript.

An old and deprecated CV of mine < http://schestowitz.com/CV/CV.htm >achieved
something similar. Set your browser to pretend to be Internet Explorer
(please don't ask why) and access the page.

Now, notice the JavaScript function in the source code. It achieves staged
scrolling to the anchors and you could probably embed the buttons in a
float. Use CSS to ensure the buttons always hover on top and are located at
the top

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  1:20pm  up 3 days 22:31,  9 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.72, 0.92