Re: KDE 3.5.4?

__/ [ Chris Wilkinson ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 03:35 \__

> Hi there,
>
> I started YaST to install a couple of libs required to install some
> printer stuff, and noticed that KDE on software.opensuse,org is now
> v 3.5.4. I decided to update my 3.5.3 but while thats happening now
> I decided to visit www.kde.org and check the changelog. Lo and behold
> they haven't announced it yet!
>
> Is SUSE jumping the gun? :-)

SUSE has already got Xen working, whereas Red Hat promise to deliver it some
time before the release of RHEL 5. In general, one could argue that the SLED
menu in (Open)SUSE 10.2 and some of the integrated XGL puts Novell at the
forefront.

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_5_3to3_5_4.php

http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/07/26/suse-101-kde-354-available/

        July 26, 2006