Re: [News] Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian Draw Women

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 14:42 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Jim ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 10:14 \__

>>> nuttin' wrong wid big titties...
>>
>> Women read this newsgroup, so I'm not sure it's a good conversation to
>> have. *bashful smile* But there you have the GIMP.
>
> Why not?  Isn't this what makes the world go around?
>
> It's funny really, you can watch any number of TV programmes with females
> going all goey over whoever the latest hearthrob is, and nobody cares,
> but if you're a guy and comment on a female in some way, you're some
> kind of, err, undesirable - why is that?  I've never really understood
> this really wierd discrimination.

When the women account for a minority in this newsgroup, I think it can be
repelling, unwelcoming and intimidating. Maybe it's a matter of culture and
norms, but it's often perceived as embodiment of stereotypes and
'objectification'.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Cpu(s):  18.5% user,   2.7% system,   0.6% nice,  78.1% idle