Re: MS non-committal on Vista

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 11:02 \__

> Quote:
> ---------------
> "Explain why I'm paying 20 times for a stock that is growing at 10 with
> a whole lot of investments that are not really going anywhere," Greg
> Palmer, head of equity trading at Pacific Crest Securities said....
>
> The new Microsoft is being built on "four pillars," Ballmer said.

I thought that Longhorn (Vista) was intended to have "four pillars". Merely
each and every one of them has been knocked down over the past 2-3 years.
What Windows was left with is Aero and some monstrous hardware requirements.
Ballmer tries to use the phrase "four pillars" in a different context now.
How shrewd.

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,19938818%5E15465%5E%5Enbv%5E15306-15316,00.html