Re: [News] Windows Command-line Gets a Worm

On 2006-08-02, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 00:24 \__
>
>> On 2006-08-01, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:
>>> Worm targets Windows PowerShell script
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/01/powershell_worm/
>>
>> Didn't I just read a response to someone who was recommending using
>> this very thing today?
>
> See  Jim's  reply.  I read that one from Grug, as  well.  It
> makes  it  all very laughable. Even Microsoft  Watch  admits
> this  problem  (as  of  last night). This  also  related  to
> another issue which is currently being patched: a hole in AV
> software  that  potentially  permits access  to  one's  most
> confidential  information.  Ironically,  AV  vendors  cannot
> design  their software to be secure. Moreover, by protecting
> your machine you only render it more penetrable.

I saw that one, too. Yet the AV vendors are trying to make out like
linux is going to be hard to secure. For them? May be. They can't even
make what they've been making for more than a decade do what it should.

--
They teach classes on using Front Page? That's like a cooking class
where they teach you how to order a pizza!