Re: [News] Open Source SMBs Save Costs

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1207428,00.html

> Related item in the news:
>
> 'Brute force' attacks against SMBs on the rise
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Alert Logic has seen more than a 1,000% increase over the past three
> | months in brute force attacks, the company says.
> `----
>
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/FB169ED444860E0BCC2571BF0018DED9

I can agree with that summary, actually. My router has seen ten times as
much scanning traffic, DoS, and related attacks in the last quarter - hard
enough attacks to cause periodic restarts of my router. Bugger all I can do
about it except to redirect what I can to /dev/null and to block huge
swathes of IP ranges while I can.
--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.