Re: Open Source and Linux Are Not Marxist

begin  oe_protect.scr
Donn Miller <hackr_d@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Oliver Wong wrote:
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I still perceive GNU/Linux as the ideaology of
>>> science, not communism. Communism discourages innovation, whereas GNU
>>> fights
>>> lockins and exclusions, from which everyone suffers (no freedom,
>>> opposition
>>> to demacracy).
>>
>>    How does communism discourage innovation? Isn't communism "everybody
>> do what they're good at, and share the benefits with everybody else"?
>
> Communism is not a bad thing, actually.  It just got stigmatized by the
> tyrannical leaders who used it.

I'm not sure we've ever had a communist system, at least, not since
money was invented, anyway.  There was a lot of Marxism and Leninism
around, though.

Personally, I quite like the anarchic communist government approach, but
even that does rather assume that people will cooperate, which only
seems to be true when people have enough room.  When things get too
crowded, societies do seem to change quite a bit.

In Minnesota they ask why all football fields in Iowa have artificial turf.
It's so the cheerleaders won't graze during the game.