[News] Educating and Raising Kids on Linux Desktops

Who Gets to Upgrade Schools?

,----[ Quote ]
| I cannot help but wonder, though, if the Gates Foundation is--deliberately
| or otherwise--about to raise a whole new generation of students and
| workers dependent on Microsoft products.
|
| Ideally, projects like Indiana high schools' deployment of Novell and
| SUSE software will help schools realize that they do have a choice in
| what tools to use.
|
| Maybe we'll see programs like that some day... on the next Oprah
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-08-04-023-26-OP-MS-PB

That closing sentence reminded me of something. Some months ago Microsoft
planned to pay Oprah to put Windows Vista among her 'favourite items'. One
of these "Oprah recommends..." thingies.