Re: [News] Holy Moses! Ubuntu Goes Religious

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 05 Aug 2006 05:08:49 +0100
<3687015.GUTE7ZbOQN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ arachnid ] on Thursday 03 August 2006 17:20 \__
>
>> On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 05:15:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> About Ubuntu Christian Edition
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/2006/07/about-ubuntu-christian-edition.html
>>>
>>> This could approach a niche, joining many other Ubuntu (GNOME) forks.
>>
>> They're also working on Ubuntu Catholic Edition, Ubuntu Baptist
>> Edition, Ubuntu Mormon Edition, Ubuntu Jewish Edition, and Ubuntu Islam
>> Edition, but I hear they're having problems getting them all to
>> interoperate. Something to do with the network bogging down...
>>
>> (So, I wonder if the Ubuntu Christian Edition has look, touch,
>> finger, unzip, strip, gawk, mount, fsck, gasp, more, yes, yes, yes,
>> more, umount, make clean, sleep)
>
> There is now a screenshot gallery up:
>
> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=712&slide=4&title=ubuntu+christian+edition+1.0+screenshots
>
> Let us pray for Ubuntu's success.

Well, considering I've seen a billboard for them on 101 Northbound just
south of 92, they're going to be fairly visible one way or another. :-)

It's also far less enigmatic than IBM's ad of yesteryear. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.