Re: VMWare to announce virtualization for OSX

  • Subject: Re: VMWare to announce virtualization for OSX
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:18:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Kier ] on Sunday 06 August 2006 15:07 \__

> On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 07:57:59 -0600, Ted Landry wrote:
>
>> interesting rumors continue to brew, WWDC is only 24  hours away!
>
> Doesn't interest us, we're Linux users and this is COLA.
>
> Perhaps you'd kindly push off.

WMWare is still a powerful tool for introducing Windows users to GNU/Linux,
without obligation (dual-boot and Live CD are another two). Likewise, Boot
Camp and Parallels expose Mac users (the OP uses Apple wares) to the
possibilities of Linux, as well as build their skills in that area, giving
them an impression that conflicts with many long-forgoteen myths. Some days
ago I saw a video of a revolving cube (Ubuntu) inside an OS X window. With
some extra addons, Mac users may get the true impression that Linux is
ahead. Some have already switched.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Swap:  1036184k total,   293812k used,   742372k free,   112696k cached