Re: Microsoft piracy check draws complaints

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft piracy check draws complaints
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:42:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Monday 07 August 2006 12:30 \__

> On 2006-08-07, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> posted something concerning:
>> Quote:
>> -----------
>> "To use the security mechanism to install marketing software that is
>> designed to increase Microsoft's revenue but actually interferes with
>> some people's use of their PCs is a real breach of faith with
>> customers," said Brian Livingston, editor of Windows Secrets, a
>> newsletter and Web site that offers tips for using Microsoft software.
>>
>> He thinks the episode will have a long-term, negative effect on how
>> well people regard the software maker.
>>
>> "The trust has been broken," he said.
>> --------------
>> End quote
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060806/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_s_piracy_check
>
> Somebody still ha[s|d] some trust in them? If they did before this,
> they're still probably not bright enough for this to change their
> minds.

By coincidence, only a minute ago I read the following page.

http://www.rinf.com/news/nov05/googlefacts.html

WGA in its own right can help swoop most of the points above and ascribe them
to MS.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Nessuno, There was some funny circularity here. I found this article,
posted it to COLA and PJ, PJ put it up, you read it and then posted it to
COLA. *smile* It's like circular logic in computing, which is a form of geek
humour (related to recursive links and SSH chaining).

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
roy      pts/5                         Mon Aug  7 09:00 - 09:00  (00:00)