Re: Intel kernel sources available once again

  • Subject: Re: Intel kernel sources available once again
  • From: yttrx@xxxxxxxxx (yttrx)
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:44:48 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> __/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Tuesday 08 August 2006 03:58 \__
>
>> On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 01:51:31 GMT,
>>  yttrx <yttrx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://kernel.macosforge.org/
>>>
>>> Told ya.
>>
>> Excellent! that's good to know, thanks.
>
> Maybe they felt the pinch of Linux? Closing of the kernel cost them a few
> people and even resulted in some Ubuntu defections that influenced people's
> minds (readers). Of course, there were other factors too: proprietary
> software (lockins), DRM, etc. Some thought that closing of the kernel was an
> indication of an ongoing new trend..
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Actually, from what I've been saying I've been hearing from someone
who actually works closely with the internal end over there at Apple,
they never planned on closing the kernel.  No minds were changed.  What
has happened was exactly what they planned, for, among others, the
reasons I expounded in another thread.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net