Re: Should this not be GNU advocacy?

__/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Tuesday 08 August 2006 10:00 \__

> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
>
> Just a thought.

Good point. I always tag items about Linux with both "GNU" and "Linux" (or
"BSD" and "UNIX" where appropriate). Sometimes, however, it's perceived as
awkward when the longer name is used repetitively, as opposes to giving a
symbolic gesture that crops up here and there. It makes the poster seems too
political or religious (as though you are 'sticking it').

Personally, I use quite a large bunch of GNU tools and the man files always
remind me of the work that is done by dedicated individuals. I guess the
same could be said about XGL/Compiz, but there you do not have separate
groups of people whose project name serves to unify and represent an entity.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S