Re: Phishing Sites and Domain Grab - A New Trend?

__/ [ T.J. ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:35 \__

http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/08/07/steady-stream-of-domain-names-continue-to-transfer-to-google/

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | + earth-googl.com
>> | + earth-goole.com
>> | + earthgogel.com
>> | + gogel-earth.com
>> | + gogelmusic.com
>> | + goggle-music.com
>> | + gogglebuy.com
>> | + goggleearht.com
>> | + goggleeath.com
>> | + gogelmusic.com
>> | + goggleriya.com
>> | [...]
>> |
>> `----
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's Google that buys them. But what a drainage of the
>> namescape. The Internet is a total mess (not only because of the lack of
>> hierarchy and misuse of suffixes). And then you have domain name sharks
>> that
>> demand ransoms..
>
> Not exactly related, but have you read about the
> new typo and miss-spelling spam yet?

Mistyped addresses? Or alternation of names that beats spam filters? A lot of
spam capitalises on human error, negligence, and trust.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie