Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?

  • Subject: Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?
  • From: simply.lisa@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 19 Aug 2006 16:35:07 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Culley wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz's [News] posts have really rattled the COLA wintrolls.
> The personal attacks against him have proved that.
>
> One argument used by some of the trolls is that so few of his posts
> generate followups and hence nobody appreciates his articles to COLA.
>
> Roy isn't the first person to post links to [News] articles. He just
> does it more than anyone before him. His [News] articles are a breath
> of fresh air and have transformed COLA over the past few months.
>
> Almost single handedly Roy has increased the S/N ratio in COLA.
>
> Roy isn't the first person to post links to pro-Linux / anti-MS [News]
> articles. One of his predecessors once mentioned why doesn't his
> articles generate responses. He received many responses telling him
> how much his posts were appreciated.
>
> Roy doesn't need feedback but he gets it anyway (I really appreciate
> your [News] posts Roy). How many of those who complain about Roy's
> [News] posts call their local TV/Radio station about news articles?
> How many send messages to news websites they read?
>
> Roy is providing a news service for those of us too lazy / have too
> little time to subscribe to the multitude of resources available. Keep
> up the good work Roy, it is most appreciated by me.

What an apologetic pile of dung!

Roy has proved beyond a doubt that he is a narcissistic person who is
completely, totally full of himself.
And the truth is there isn't one single person in this group that if
questioned with a polygraph attached would disagree.
Of course the linux kooks will back him to the end the reason being
that they actually believe he aggravates the trolls which is totally
untrue.

Think about it for a minute.

Roy's articles get little or no response.
His popularity on digg is almost zero.
He clogs discussion groups with news feeds.
People looking at cola for the first time see his 1000's of posts and
quickly decide the group is a spam trap.

So how is he hurting trolls?

IMHO the trolls are laughing their arses off.

In conclusion it's the mob mentality at work.
Roy's posts look good compared to other things so the mopb supports him
but if questioned individually, nobody would claim Roy's post do
anything positive.

As a stats man yourself, you should be able to tell that his posts
generate almost zero discussion.

Remove the paid shills, Mark Kent etc,  and the figures get even worse.

But, keep up the support for the spammer.
The rest of us are laughing at your self destruction.