Re: Linux May Hit Single Digit Desktop Marketshare in 5 Years!!!

"chrisv" <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>Desktop? 5 years? In 5 years not many people will be using desktops.
>
> Nonsense.  I see zero need for either my work or home PC's to be
> "portable", and I'm not going to pay a price premium to get a tiny,
> unexpandable, fragile, wimpy-video'd, small-keyboarded,
> battery-powered POS.
>
> In five years I'll have a 30" widescreen LCD sitting on my desk.
> There will be a mouse and an ergonomic keyboard in front of it.  The
> computer will be on the floor.

Chrisv,

    In 5 years:

    The computer will be an embedded device, the
    screen will either be projected, or a polymer, the keyboard
    will be projected with motion sensing, as well as the mouse,
    or other motion devices. The systems will consume far
    less power, and generate far less heat, while continuing
    Moore's law.

    Portables will become Wearables, and displays will become
    direct retinal imaging devices.

    Floor units will become a novelty at the Smithsonian, next
    to the magnetic core memory display.

    Identity theft will no longer make the news, as there will
    be no one left that has not had their identity stolen.

    The U.S. will still be in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    The gas prices will float around $8 a gallon.

    Roe-vs-Wade will be over-turned by Bush puppets,
    along with the return of prayer in public schools.

    Ford and GM will STILL be trying to sell gas hogging SUVs
    with macho commercials. Toyota and Honda will capture
    the majority of the U.S. auto market.

    U.S. Companies will have outsourced every last job possible,
    reducing the median income for the vast majority of  U.S. citizens,
    which will compete with the increasing Mexican influx of
    workers for low income jobs. (See: Wal-Mart for openings )

    Microsoft Windows Vista release will still be on
    the skids, and still be unstable, un-reliable, insecure,
    riddled with bugs, and generating billions of dollars
    of income for the Gates family.

Enjoy,
Postmaster