Re: Stop with the [News] postings already!!!

  • Subject: Re: Stop with the [News] postings already!!!
  • From: JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:54:38 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-08-17, Peter Hayes <not_in_use@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Au79 <au79@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> mlw wrote:
>>
>> > I know you probably mean well, but it is behaving more like spam than
>> > actual advocacy. It is getting in the way of seeing/finding discussions.
>> >

>> > If you feel compelled to post [News] could you batch all your stories in
>> > one or two messages a day?
>>
>> I think that Roy's posts are appreciated by most users. I enjoy reading them
>> and feel that this is what advocacy is all about: information.
>
> Same here. If a subject line doesn't interest me I pass it by. What's
> lost? A few microseconds download time and a few Kb disk space that'll
> be expired in a few days anyway.

	Sort threads by subject and all of those news posts will be
segregatted off to themselves. You won't even need a killfile to
casually and effectively avoid them.

--

	Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
	is genuinely new: culture, like science and              |||

				 Judge Alex Kozinski
				 US Court of Appeals
				 9th Circuit

                http://www.usenet.com