Re: [News] Orange Employee Fired Over Blog Content (Microsoft Bashing Included)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> (I'm leaving the political issues aside altogether)
>
> Orange suspends employee over 'Islamophobe' blog entry
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In his list of definitions, Wilson writes that
> | "child-centred-education" has come to mean: "we can't be bothered
> | to teach them...perhaps they'll do it themselves", and that
> | "skills-based-education now means "teach the little ba**ards
> | Microsoft Word or something. They don't actually need to know
> | anything."
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/blogger_suspended/

It seems to me that this guy is not the "extremist" that others are
painting him as, but rather someone who is simply exposing the
propensity of society's leaders to obfuscate the truth by means of
linguistic obscurity. The "truth", in this case, is invariably a big
"nothing", i.e. a lot of words but no action. This is (or should be)
the very definition of politics.

As for the ragheads bitching ... again ... because "the nasty man said
something we don't like" (Rushdie, Jyllands-Posten, et al), frankly I
find it extremely hard to sympathise with a group of people who have
vowed "death to the infidel" ... which, since I am not a psychotic
blubbering follower of some equally psychotic blubbering fictitious
so-called prophet called Mow-ham-id, means ... me ... and probably
most other people in this group.

I've been exposed to their bullshit before, first hand in Kuwait,
Saudi, and to a lesser extent in Dubai, and frankly I'd be happy if
they all just pissed off back to the desert to hump camels.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 19:57:29 up 60 days, 20:14,  3 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.04, 0.00