Re: Stop with the [News] postings already!!!

  • Subject: Re: Stop with the [News] postings already!!!
  • From: Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:32:12 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
After takin' a swig o' grog, Kier belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:43:29 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> AMEN!! Could all of that shit be routed to a 'computer news' newsgroup or
>>> something - talk about clogging the bandwidth!!
>>
>> Because two people (who reply to him) have supported him, he sees it as
>> a "please more" gathering of support. I suspect he would be surprised to
>> discover, in reality, how many people have his OPs (or him altogether)
>> in the killfile.
>
> How can you be sure that many do? I'm quite sure it's more than just the
> two who replied this time. His posts may be annoying to a few, but they
> *are* after all Linux advocacy.

And, as far as bandwidth-clogging goes, my access is slowed down much
more by the processing of the killfile than by the reading of 50 extra
headers.

Newsgroups where I have no-one killfiled, such as a C++ newsgroup, load
almost instantaneously, and they often have many more headers than does
COLA.

--
   Free software is a matter of liberty not price. You should think of
   "free" as in "free speech".