Re: [News] 100 Free Linux CD's of Your Choice (UK Mainland)

__/ [ Jim ] on Thursday 17 August 2006 15:19 \__

> Once upon a midnight dreary, while Roy Schestowitz pondered weak and weary
> over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...:
>
>> 1 FREE Linux CD From £0.00
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We are giving away 100 linux operating system Cds. This offer is
>> | strictly limited to 1 cd per customer and is open to UK Mainland clients
>> | on a totally FREE basis. Customers from overseas can partake but must
>> | pay the postage fee.
>> |
>> | The choice is limited to distributions that will run live from the cd
>> | fory ou to test them with your hardware and then if you like them you
>> | can install them and use Linux on your pc.
>> |
>> | Choose from:
>> |
>> | Damn Small Linux
>> |
>> | DreamLinux
>> |
>> | PCLinuxOS
>> |
>> | Puppy Linux
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tuxdiscs.com/displayproduct.php?product_id=111&category_id=15
>
> Done and done. :)

I'd feel guilty if I had ordered one. I must stick with SUSE, but DreamLinux,
which looks similar to OS X 'out of the box', is somewhat tempting. No
shipping costs, either. It would be better to let those who are new to Linux
take advantage of the service. Laziness (download ISO, burn) is often an
excuse that leads to reluctance to upgrade.