Re: [News] SLED/SLES Certification for BI Suite

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Pentaho Announces SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 Certification
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Pentaho announced that it has completed certification of its PentahoO
> | pen BI Suite on both the server and desktop editions of SUSE Linux
> | Enterprise 10 from Novell.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is designed to provide superior scalability
> | and reliability, lower the total cost of ownership, and simplify
> | systems management. It includes built-in application security,
> | virtualization and integrated systems management across a full range
> | of hardware. These features are particularly well-suited to support
> | today's larger and more mission-critical business intelligence
> | deployments, which are playing an increasing role as part of operational
> | applications and processes that serve large communities of front-line
> | users.
> `----
>
>                         http://linux.sys-con.com/read/261643.htm

Getting the evaluation of SLES isn't an easy trick. I got a registration key
easy enough, getting the download has taken a week, I don't normally have
communications problems on this machine, anyway I finally got the iso's by
having a couple of machines downloding them and picking out the ones that
worked.

Install looks easy at first, until you come to packages. You get a list of
server areas, 'mail-server', 'file-server' etc. So I clicked the ones I
wanted but then it told me 'mail-server' was incompatible with 'mail
server' it told me the name and version numbers of the two packages which
are incompatible, the two are the same name and version, so I told it not
to install one of them (chosen at random) then it was happy to carry on.

It's sat there waiting for disc three now. Because somewhere in my
frustrated battle to download the iso's I had selected some from the amd
and some from the intel.

So, give me a week or so and I can evaluate it. Though my evaluation period
may have ran out by then.