Re: [News] Linux Offers (At Least) 7 Methods for Grabbing Screenshots

Once upon a midnight dreary, while Roy Schestowitz pondered weak and weary
over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...:

> How to Take a Screenshot in Linux (Ubuntu)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I'll start with the common ways to take screenshots in Linux, and then
> | show you a nice shell script for taking custom screenshots in GNOME with
> | just one click of the mouse. The shell script will also work in other
> | windows managers like KDE, but you will have to figure out how to make
> | the custom application launcher for it.
> `----
>
> http://tips.webdesign10.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-ubuntu-linux
>
> I think the Web site is run by 'wd' from COLA... if I recall the domain
> name for sure...
>
> There's also this older item:
>
> Different Ways Of Taking Screenshots In GNU/Linux

http://beans.seartipy.com/2006/07/30/different-ways-of-taking-screenshots-in-gnulinux/

Neat. What I need for a current project is video grabbing. Only solution
I've managed to find is vnc2swf (or something). If it's my only option (and
I've heard that there aren't many), then I guessthat's what I'll be
using...
--
When all else fails... use a hammer.

http://dotware.co.uk

Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no particular purpose,
But they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.