Re: [News] Levono's Linux Offer Saves Money, Targets Electronics Engineers

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 16 August 2006 09:54 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Seller*: What would you like to eat?
>>
>> * Apple
>> * Organce
>
> As in "Orance of Arabia" :)
>
>> * Banane
>
> Is that an F1 hybrid of the "inane" and "banal" fruits?
>
> Hmmm, tasty.
>
> :) :) :)

*LOL* Hmmm, me being hasty.

I guess I also forgot to run the spellchecker, which sometimes help pick up
the grammar issue and serves as a substitute to proofreading. This older
version of KNode doesn't underline typos. I have this capability at home
(KNode 0.10.x IIRC) and in Thunderbird (as an extension of 1.0.x)

>> Seller recommends fruit.
>
> Good point, but it's unlikely to come to fruition [groan], unless
> antitrust cases force MS to stop their endless campaign of OEM
> interference. Selling <blank> systems is the first step; selling
> preinstalled Linux systems is the next; ultimately the <company>
> recommends <product> bullshit has to go.

Definitely. I think that David Ferguson who, at the time, addressed the
European Commission, alluded to this issue. It not only robs Linux users
from cheaper options (mass-production), but also confuses many innocent
buyers.

Best wishes,

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
Tasks: 141 total,   1 running, 137 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie