[News] Open Source Storage, Novell Boost to Marketing, Movidis Launches Linux Server, Scalix Does E-mail and IM (Digest)

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Storage, Novell Boost to Marketing, Movidis Launches Linux Server, Scalix Does E-mail and IM (Digest)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 04:37:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Zmanda, Cleversafe debut open storage

,----[ Quote ]
| Cleversafe software runs on Red Hat, CentOS, Debian and Fedora Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1928791181&rid=-50

Novell gets more 'passionate' about Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "We've underperformed in marketing; I accept that," said John Dragoon,
| senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Novell. "We're going
| to be a little more focused and more passionate."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1256820859&rid=-50

Movidis Launches Multicore MIPS-Debian Server

,----[ Quote ]
| The race to provide powerful--but not power-consuming--servers just got
| a new entry. Movidis, a relatively unknown startup from Santa Barbara,
| California, that was formed five years ago to provide streaming servers
| for video on demand (VOD) has created a new design based on a multicore
| MIPS processor and the Debian variant of Linux, which is an enthusiastic
| supporter of the MIPS chip.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn081406-story03.html

Enterprise email and IM, the Linux way