Re: (Article) Google Forbids Misuse of "Google" as a Verb

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 16 August 2006 00:53 \__

> __/ [ webseoguy ] on Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:46 \__
>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> To google or not to google? It's a legal question
>>
>> Isn't it already too late? After all it is being put into the next
>> edition dictionary as a transitive verb.
>>
>> http://itvibe.com/news/4107/
>
> Maybe it's reversible.... who knows....

Hey, check /this/ one out...

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6105789.html

Apple: iPod means our pod

,----[ Quote ]
| Following Google's insistence that media outlets shouldn't be using the
| term "Googling," Apple Computer has become similarly protective over the
| word "pod."
`----

I can recall that they didn't like the little 'i' being used, but can they
ever get that copyrighted in some form? I have seen some products like an
iLap, which do not come from Apple.

iSueYou! iLlBeBack!

Then there's Adobe and PhotoShop. Their Web site cries over the misuse of the
product name...

Retruning to Google, also see:

http://www.fool.com/news/commentary/2006/commentary06081504.htm?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
        How to Slay a Google

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/15/technology/google/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote
        Google's terrible twos

All articles from last night by the way...