Re: [News] Palm's Linux Platform Beats WinFS to It

begin  oe_protect.scr
> And WinFS was conceded (varourware)
>
> Access frees database filesystem for Linux devices
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Access/PalmSource has released an SQL-based filesystem for embedded
>| devices under the LGPL (Lesser General Public License). Libsqlfs
>| implements a POSIX-style hierarchical filesystem as an SQLite database
>| file, and was originally developed to provide a registry of system and
>| application configuration data for mobile phones, according to
>| Access.
> `----
>
>                 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5731300596.html

As I mentioned elsewhere, linux development is now so far beyond
Microsoft and Apple that it probably impossible for them to now catch
up.  The increasing commercial interest in Linux means that more and
more of the world's industrial and academic might will be turned to the
furtherance of Linux and FLOSS.  Because everyone benefits.

The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.