Re: [News] Microsoft Needs to Catch Up

begin  oe_protect.scr
> TechWeek: Microsoft Searches for Traction
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Call it the Xerox effect. When your competitor's product is so well known
>| it becomes a verb (as in "please Xerox that article for me"), you know
>| you're in trouble. (Google)
> `----
>
> http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techsoftware/10303350.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp;cm_cat=FREE&amp;cm_ite=NA

I cannot really see Microsoft ever hitting the heady heights of the
1990s again in the popularity stakes.  It would appear the what was the
world's most effective self-promotion engine is no longer hitting the
right notes.

Google seem to have achieved enormous recognition through an utterly
different approach.

Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
	"Ever since they threatened to fire me."