Re: [News] US Senator Wants to Tax FLOSS

  • Subject: Re: [News] US Senator Wants to Tax FLOSS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:24:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 09:47 \__

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:43:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Senator calls for tax on Open Source software.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | US senator Robert Cash wants to attack the problem of declining revenues
>> | due to a form of tax evasion based on the use of 'Free Software' by
>> | instituting an Equivalence Tax - taxing free software at the same levels
>> | as its more expensive proprietary cousins.
>> `----
>>
>>         http://www.danaquarium.com/article.php?story=20050809092207718
>

> Works for me.  So, let's see... a 14% tax on zero is... well, fine, where
> do I send the check? :)

Here's a trick for winning the election. Suggest that 50% of all FLOSS
revenues will be distributed among families with or without children. Not
only will this guarantee a win, but it will also start an overnight stampede
to FLOSS development. The masses will fall for it in the same way they have
fallen victim to some of the government's bogus hypothesis and 'quick
facts'. WMD anyone?