Re: The problem with Linux.....

__/ [ mlw ] on Friday 11 August 2006 14:56 \__

> Linux just runs. It stays running for a long time. You start a machine and
> a year later you have to move it or something. Then you have to remember
> what you did a year ago.

I sometimes forget what the bootloader looks like. I sometimes what the login
manager looks like. I rarely save work/messages as I go along because, quite
frankly, rarely will anything go wrong. Filesystem integrity, viruses and
firewalls can be treated as though they are terminology and concepts that
are better off handled by whoever programmed that thing which you work on.
It become a reality that you soon take for granted. Unlike, for example,
those who take crashes, reboots, an occasional worm and filesystems
fractures for granted. Linux is fun. But it can become boring.