Re: Vista default Startup and Shutdown sounds finalised

__/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Friday 11 August 2006 12:20 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 11 August 2006 10:49 \__

>> Need to log in. Was there a typo perhaps? One wonders about tinyurl's and
>> privacy...
>
> Does one?
>
> What privacy? If you're going to a website how does privacy come into
> it?

True. Especially true if you consider Web 2.0 thingies, where everything you
do is shared with world (as well as spammed).

> being redirected to some gay porn site might be annoying, but its hardly
> an invasion of privacy.
>
> What *would* be a good invention by the firefox team would be a tinyurl
> decryptor so we could see the underlying URL pop up before going to the
> recommended site. Or?

TinyURL seem to have some involvement with Firefox hooks, unless it's a
third-party voluneer job.

http://mozmonkey.com/

See TinyURL Extension. It's very handy. Two mouse clicks can have the URL
generated in the background (for page in focus) and inserted into your
clipboard.