Re: COLA Stats 27 Aug 2006 - OMG!!! Get a fucking life

  • Subject: Re: COLA Stats 27 Aug 2006 - OMG!!! Get a fucking life
  • From: "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Aug 2006 17:00:38 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Steven Triccoli wrote:
> Roy Culley wrote:
> > ngstats.pl version 1.19
> >
> > This report covers 3025 articles received by this system to
> > newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]

> > Toplist of Posters
> >
> >  Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
> >    1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     452  448596    39%
>
> Holy shit. This many post in one week. OMFG!!!! This is more post than
> combined for #2, #3 and #4 posters.

Yes, but these are usually very short articles, typically a choice
paragraph and a link to the original article.  It probably takes him
about 90 seconds to create the post (assuming he's using Firefox as a
browser).

He probably uses google news to find the articles about Linux, and then
selects the most pro-linux stories for his postings.

> Get a freaking life you LUSER !!!!!

Actually, if you look at the time stamps, most of these come out in
short bursts, typically 5-7 postings within about an hour, usually
around lunchtime, and again around dinner time.  It looks like he has a
life, and a job.