Re: [News] Microsoft Loses Patent Suit, Fined $140 Million

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Microsoft and Autodesk lose product activation patent suit
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Previously, a jury had awarded the Michigan-based z4 $115 million in
>| damages from Microsoft and $18 million from AutoDesk. Microsoft and
>| Autodesk asked for a retrial, but US District Court Judge Leonard Davis
>| was having none of it.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33862

Several of our patent lawyer types have said that being
anti-software-patent is being anti-big-business - you can imagine who
was briefing them...

I'm hoping that these megacorps are beginning to see that software-patents
are highly dangerous to everyone, arguably more so to big businesses,
as they're far more likely to infringe than a small business with a
smaller product base.

No-one would remember the Good Samaritan if he had only had good
intentions.  He had money as well.
		-- Margaret Thatcher