Re: [News] GPL'd Beer to Become "Linux of Beers"?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 26 August 2006 08:36 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Free Beer for Geeks
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Vjores Øl hopes that the beer "perhaps one day becomes the Linux of
>>| beers."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,68144,00.html
>
> Interesting - not sure about the caffeine, and 6% is quite strong...
> still, maybe I'll try to make some and see what it's like :-)
> Water is critical to beer, of course, and I live in hard-water area, so
> should probably make porter here.
>
> As the free beer people learn more about beer, perhaps they'll develop
> recipes for more water types, or at least realise that it matters...
>
> Does anyone know if brewtopia pasteurise their beer, or is it real?

I guess Cosmo Kramer was ahead of his time. He proposed a Pizza place where
you bake your own pie, which is a demonstration of Open Source principles.
Perhaps the breweries will adopt this too. Just like Junk Food chains
adopted the idea of letting the customers fill their own cups and possibly
'mix and match'? Don't quite like your old favourite drink? Modify to
improve it then. This benefits everyone as all are happy(ier).