Re: Feds Dismiss Evolution, Darwinism Dropped from Education

__/ [ Jeffrey Goldberg ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 21:28 \__

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/24/washington/24evo.html?ex=1314072000&en=51fe61534e0cf171&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

> I just read that in the paper this morning.  I was going to post it, but
> I ended up responding to ItIsDave and you beat me to the punch.
>
>> Is the government pushing an agenda here?
>
> The article says that the Education Department says it was an
> unintentional error, but my guess is that some lower level bureaucrat
> deliberately took it out without official approval.  Will the D of Ed.
> investigate?

In efforts to discard the Internet troll <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll >, unless of course that was
sarcasm, I won't make an in/direct reply to him.

I pretty much doubt this was an error. Here are some links I have been
collecting in the past year:

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/15/1845200&from=rss

         Did Humans Evolve? No, Say Americans

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4545822.stm

        'Intelligent design' teaching ban

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/22/2310224&tid=129&tid=219

Congress Pays You $3 Billion to Keep Watching TV

,----[ Quote ]
| Felix the Cat writes "After budgets cuts led to the layoff of engineers
| and scientists at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a US Senate committee
| has approved a $3 billion dollar subsidy to assist Americans in their
| difficult transition to digital television in 2009.
`----

I think that making people less informed is in the interest of the
government.