Re: PCLinuxOS .93 Big Daddy? "The Full Monty", Says TuxMachines.org

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 25 August 2006 08:31 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 09:49 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>>
>>> The way opera does it is quite elegant.
>>> Similar to tooltips,but instead of just showing the web page title, it
>>> shows the thumbnail of the webpage on whatever tab you hover over.
>>
>> Internet Explorer 7 does that as well and with KasBar (KE) you can achieve
>> a similar effect, assuming you replace tabs with windows. It's memory and
>> CPU intensive and the gain is very small, unless you can read the text in
>> the page. I like the idea of tooltips though. Maybe small text with a
>> magnifying glass-type effect (like that which is used Mac OS X docks)
>> would be close to perfect.
>>

> The tabs extensions for firefox also does that.  The tabs extensions for
> firefox has an amazing amount of customisability.  My favourite layout
> is the "tree", where you can see daughter-tabs indented as deeply as you
> like, so you can see your browsing history very quickly and click back
> and forwards at will.

Can you please post a URL to that extension? I have used about 2 tabs
extensions and explored a few more. The problem is that you can't quite mix
and blend them. They collide. So if I replace the current extension with
another (must be compatible with version 1.0.x), then it ought to offer
enough to make up for the lost value. The visibility limit of tab is not a
main concern, but it sounds like what you suggest would make life
tremendously easier.

> There are several other layouts as well, of course.
>
> Roy - have you considered putting a request into one of the extensions
> writers?  As this is an open-source world, you're quite likely to get
> what you want!

First I need to find someone who has the same 'itch' as me. *smile* Then, one
needs to wait...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S