Re: Tom Yager Confirms: Windows Inherently Insecure

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 19:17 \__
>

> > "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> __/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 18:01 \__

> http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/08/is_windows_inhe.html

> >> Oliver,
> >>
> >> Have a look here:
> >>
> >> The short life and hard times of a Linux virus
> >>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]

> >> `----
> >>                                        http://librenix.com/?inode=21
> >
> >     Yup, I've seen you post this quote elsewhere in this thread, and in
> > other threads as well, and I don't deny that this is a very strong argument
> > in favor of Linux. However, a lot of the stuff Yager talks about is way
> > over my head. For example, he writes "All Windows background
> > processes/daemons are spawned from a single hyper-privileged process" and I
> > had no idea it worked this way, so obviously I've never had to opprtunity
> > to consider the security implications of this.
>
> Processes and ownership are an important matter. Windows implements a
> pseudo-multi-user model because it wasn't (at least initially) built for
> more than a single user.

Bullshit. Win2k, XP and Vista all are from NT code base which is mutli
user, multi processor, multi tasking and multi threaded from very first
day.

> Remember how Windows 98, for example, did not have
> a proper login screen?

That was 8 years ago. Try sticking to current Windows shipping
products.

> Anyhow, this system of privileges was simply laid on
> top.

Bullshit. ACL and privilege was designed into NT operating system on
very first day. It is Lie-nux that tried to copy this with ACL and add
them on top of existing shit.

> But how can a user intercept processes and control what runs with which
> privileges? It's complex unless you implement the kernel properly from the
> start.

Here Roy pulls buzzwords from his ass and tries to sound smart. He is
really clueless moron who have no clue what he just wrote.